The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.”
Rochelle is passionate about Jesus, the outdoors and leading young women. She has hiked over 75 trails across the Pacific Northwest. She’s also active in the church, having spent nearly a decade leading high school girls in Young Life and currently serves as a small group leader for young professional women at A Seattle Church.
Wilderness First Aid Certified
• Favorite Hike of All Time: The W Trek in Patagonia
• Favorite Trail Snack: Peanut Butter Perfect Bar
• Favorite Hiking Pro-Tip: Always bring 1 more layer, snack, and liter of water than you think you will need. It is better to carry a little bit more weight than potentially being cold, hungry, or thirsty!
Fun Facts + Tips
Laura grew up hiking, backpacking, and exploring the Pacific Northwest and loves to share these adventures with others. She has experience hosting and leading groups of foreign exchange students, as well as leading a women’s Bible study at Bethany Community Church. Otherwise, she can be found working as pediatric nurse, cooking and baking, or at the flying trapeze studio.
• Favorite Hike of All Time: Goat Rocks Wilderness, WA
• Favorite Trail Snack: Salami-cheese-cracker sandwiches
• Favorite Hiking Pro-Tip: If you’re prone to blisters, like I am, pre-tape your heels with Leukotape, cloth tape or Moleskin. Better to prevent blisters than treat!
Fun Facts + Tips
Definitely not! We try to select hikes that are challenging enough to be fun and feel like adventure, but not too difficult to deter anyone.
Do I need to be an experienced hiker?
For each hike, we have a recommend packing list when you click on "Learn More" on the hike. For most hikes, we recommend comfy layers of clothing, shoes with traction soles and lots of water.
What do I need to pack?
Yes, please bring any snacks or food that you want or might want to eat on your adventure.
Do I need to bring my own food?
Hiking trips cost $20 and backpacking trips cost $30. These funds are used to cover the operational cost of each trip. We never want money to be a reason you can't join, if you are interested in coming but need some financial assistance, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much does it cost?
Yes! We believe that carpooling can be a great way to start off an adventure so you can get to know the girls before the hike begins. We will ask you a few questions about carpooling in our registration form.
Will transportation be provided?